4 September 2014
Join us for a special two-part event:
1. Urban Farming Workshop on the roof of the Bank of America Tower
2. Urban Agriculture Seminar at JLL's LEED Platinum Office
1. Urban Farming Workshop
- Workshop on the rooftop of the Bank of America Tower will introduce the concept and importance of urban farming.
- Demonstrate the opportunity for building occupants to engage in agricultural practice within the urban realm.
- Attendees will take part in the harvest in this live case study and taste the fruits of their labor.
- All those attending the workshop are encouraged to dress comfortably and wear hat and sunglasses.
Venue: Bank of America Tower, 12 Harcourt Road, Meet in the lobby.
Time: 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
20 Participants only. Members only. First come first serve basis.
2. Urban Agriculture Seminar
- Seminar will follow the workshop at JLL's LEED Platinum office illustrating the opportunity and challenge of implementing dynamic green spaces on projects.
- Brian Brenner, Regional Director of Markets and JLL HK CSR Representative, will discuss their role in implementing the BOA farm and the challenges to create dynamic green spaces.
- Andrew Tsui, of Time to Grow, will discuss the role and benefits of farming in urban spaces and share more information from the rooftop workshop.
- Sean Quinn LEED AP BD+C, Head of Sustainable Design at 10 Design, will illustrate how urban farms can be applied to LEED NC projects through green roofs, stormwater management, as well as future architectural possibilities.
- Rowena Gonzales LEED AP ID+C, Creative Director at Liquid Interiors, will discuss how anyone can start their own interior farm and compost in their office, kitchen, home, as well as grass root community opportunities to be introduced to permaculture.
Venue: JLL Office, 6/F, Three Pacific Place, 1 Queen's Road East
Time: 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
60 Participants only. First come first serve basis. (Registration for workshop also includes seminar)
Transport between venues via Skybridge / Pacific Place walk (15 minutes); or taxi.
In case of inclement weather, workshop participants will be notified by 4:00pm and another date will be scheduled in the future. Seminar will proceed.